The VP Data Governance role will be responsible for driving all levels of strategy, vision and execution to deliver on the mission of governing and monetizing critical data assets.
The VP, will influence and provide expertise on HIPAA Privacy / Compliance, Strategy, and other data functions across the organization by establishing the organization-wide strategic data roadmap and engagement model for data governance, data engineering, data science and analytics utilizing business and industry knowledge.
The VP will be the spokesperson and advocate on relevant data issues and business potential to both internal and external audiences and stakeholders.
- Champion for the global data organization, technologies, processes, and policies as follows:
- (1) Organization: Implementing a Company-wide culture of data ownership and recognition that data and information are core assets.
- (2) Technologies: Creating an environment that makes data and information accessible with appropriate access controls
- (3) Processes: Regulating how we capture, maintain, and use data and information
- (4) Policies: Managing the lifecycle and lineage of data and information to comply with Corporate and Legal requirements
- Collaborate to define standards for regulatory compliance, data policy, data security and data retention.
- Data issues management and resolution
- Best practice based data governance, quality, and stewardship methodologies
- Influence the strategic direction for how Asembia uses data internally and externally.
- Act as a key thought leader in defining big data roadmap, business intelligence and data strategy; leveraging data assets in support of strategy.
- Proactively champion the value of data as a strategic business asset and revenue generator by providing the business and strategy teams with ideas and being able to transform those ideas into action.
- Establish a level of trust and credibility by building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Create and Implement data strategies, standards, procedures and accountability policies.
- Skillfully guide and influence through change management and communicate directions clearly.
- Decrease the cost of collecting, managing, and sharing data while increasing the value of the data to the organization
- Advise and influence the DBA functionality of IT to insure adherence to data standards and speed data linkages between systems
Undergraduate degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in technology, business management and/or consulting roles.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role with proven experience building and leading a data science organization or practice.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required.
Asembia is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to comply with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, genetic disposition, disability, veteran's status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.
Apply Back to Careers