Reports to: CEO and President
Responsible for financial well-being of the organization and driving growth of company by providing financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth plans and directing staff.
Job Scope and Major Responsibilities:
- Create short term and long term operating budgets for all business units and programs and measure performance against objectives. Work with the management team to ensure program success through revenue and cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and program requirements. Communicate objectives and determine accountability for results via planning and reviewing of results. Regularly monitor and work closely with management team in taking timely action to ensure that budgets and financial plans stay within approved levels.
- Develop reporting process and systems. Report financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.Establish finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; resolving problems; implementing change and initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the management team on financial design and implementation strategies.
- Oversee Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, purchasing and banking operations of company to ensure optimal cash management process is in place. Establish processes for all purchase, invoicing and reconciliation.
- Create, analyze and report financial statements for management. Coordinate preparation for external audits and filing of tax return and ensure proper maintenance of accounting records and documentation in compliance with statutory requirements and company policies.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of salaries, raises, bonuses and sales commission. Oversee all aspects of compensation and benefits. Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the company may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- Oversee business insurance plans.
- Manage and train all direct reports. Help execute staff succession and growth plans. Raise awareness and knowledge of financial matters.
- Define standards, policies, procedures, measures, and organizational enhancements to meet company goals for finance.
- Assist in the preparation of business plans and financial forecasting for other ventures of or being considered by the company.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
Performance Criteria: Success in this role is defined by achieving financial growth and objectives as determined by management.
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable.
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in specialty pharmacy arena.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote/virtual locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of FoxPro and Excel is preferred.
Apply Back to Careers